Open Arms is a ministry of Trinity Church in Chickasha. Our goal is to provide support and encouragement to foster families and children who are currently in DHS custody. We strive to support these children and the families who are caring for them physically, emotionally and spiritually.
- Twin Beds/bunk beds
- Baby Cribs and toddler beds
- Twin or crib size mattresses
- New or gently used blankets and comforters (toddler bed, twin bed)
- New small toys for ages 0-10 years
- Crib sheets & Mattress protectors
- Twin Sheets and mattress protectors
- Pack n’ plays/playpens
- Baby gates
- Changing tables/changing pads and covers
- Youth dressers or small clothes chests
- New unused Child spill proof cups
- New or gently used Child size coats
- Bibles/Children’s Bibles/Bible stories
- Baby monitors
- Diapers, pull-ups & wipes (all sizes)
- New car seats
- Booster seats
- Socks (infant-youth)
- Hair bows/ Hair accessories
- Underwear (child sizes)
- New Child/Young Adult grooming kits (hairbrushes, combs, etc…unopened kits preferred)
- Scrapbooking materials (for foster parents to create life books for children in custody)
- Care packages for Foster Parents
- Monetary donations
- Other needs that aid in the support of Foster Children and their caregivers-feel free to contact us with any ideas and or items you think would benefit our families
There is also a need for caring individuals willing to provide childcare relief for these foster families. It requires a background check/fingerprinting and a brief, in home, interview by a DHS caseworker to be qualified.
As always, there is a huge demand for foster families. If you are considering becoming a foster family, please feel free to contact us with ANY questions you have. It is a huge decision and one that should be approached with prayer and support. We can help you and pray for you and provide you with the contacts and information you need to make an informed choice.
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Trinity Church at (405)224-3769. We will put you in touch with Angie Young or Sherrie Evans, who assist you in obtaining the help and answers you need.
For monetary gifts, please make checks out to Trinity Church (memo line: Open Arms Ministry), 428 East Almar Drive, Chickasha, OK 73018.